Well the first quarter went great in many areas of my life, like finishing writing two manuscripts for books.
I realized a couple weeks into this isolation that I wasn’t reading as much as I should be. So I started. Honestly, I’ve read four of these books in the last few days. I can do way more in Q2.
It didn’t go so well for reading.
I planned to read 20 books. I read six:
- A. Grant, Give and Take (Hoopla summary/RB) – Not bad, but wasn’t as eye opening as I expected. It’s about people who give and take, mostly in business. No surprise, the givers come out ahead.
- M. Hyatt, Free to Focus (Audible) – This was decent, but only about as deep as Michael’s books typically are. They’re more feel-good and motivation than real learning.
- Patterson, Crucial Conversations (Paperback) – This was the best new book I’ve read this year. Lots of strategies for having important conversations in business and in life. This, along with How to Win Friends and Influence People, would set anyone up for conversational success.
- G. Karlitz, Growing Money (Paperback) – An investment workbook for kids. My oldest daughter is reading it now. It was a little more into the weeds than expected, but it’s good.
- J. Soforic, Wealthy Gardener, The (Paperback) – Finally finished this. I loved it. Since it’s broken up into a bunch of short sections, we may read it to the kids each night.
- T. Ferriss, 4-Hour Workweek (Re-read) – Always a good time.
Reading Goals for 2020 | Q2
1 Apr 20 – 30 Jun 20
Business, Habits, Productivity
- Blanchard & Miller, Great Leaders Grow (Paperback)
- W. Wood, Good Habits, Bad Habits (audio)
- B. Fogg, Tiny Habits
- E. Layne, Minimalist Way, The
- M. Seligman, Learned Optimism
- M. Hyatt, Your Best Year Ever (RB)
- C. Ducker, Virtual Freedom
Economics & Social Science
- P. Diamandis, Abundance (Hoopla Audio)
- R. Sider, Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger (Hoopla Audio)
- Ariely & Kreisler, Dollars and Sense
- D. Liss, The Coffee Trader (Audible)
- S. Lome, $500 Cup of Coffee, The
- C. Dacy, 10 Ways to Kickstart Your Financial Coaching Business (Kindle)
- J. Godfrey, Raising Financially Fit Kids (Paperback)
- R. Lieber, The Opposite of Spoiled (Paperback)
- A. Standley, How to Be Rich (Hoopla eBook)
- K. Cease, Illusion of Money, The
- T. Whittaker, Origins of Christianity, The (Paperback)
- Dillow & Slattery, Passion Pursuit (Paperback)
- D. Rosenau, Celebration of Sex, A (Hoopla eBook)
- Stoeker, Every Man’s Marriage (RB)
- Dillow, Intimacy Ignited (Paperback)
- D. Miller, Scary Close
- N. Anderson, Victory Over the Darkness (Paperback)
- G. Boyd, Benefit of the Doubt, The (Hoopla eBook)
- — God of the Possible (Hoopla eBook)
- G. Fee, How to Read the Bible for All it’s Worth (Hoopla eBook)
- N.T. Wright, Lord and His Prayer, The (Hoopla audio)
- D. Miller, Searching for God Knows What
- — A Million Miles in a Thousand Years
- R. Zacharias, Logic of God, The
- B. Deel, Trust First
- P. Enns, How the Bible Actually Works