It seems like I get less and less serious about my reading goals as the years go by.
I know it’s good to have reading goals. Even if it’s just for the subtle motivation — turning on a book instead of music in the car to hit a goal.
I just want to make sure I am more focused on soaking up the content than I am on hitting a certain number.
Overall, I make it a point to not choose the books I read. I let God do that. He often throws books at me from the most random places, but they build on each other.
That being said, I do have some books in the backlog that I want to have in one spot.
So I’m gonna set my goal low: 24 for this year, but I want to make sure I at least make it through these:
- Love That Lasts by Jefferson Bethke
- Loveology by John Mark Comer
- Jesus > Religion by Jefferson Bethke
- The Sacred Search by Gary Thomas
Too many audiobooks from my Audible account to admit.
- A Time for Mercy by John Grisham
- Biblical Minimalism by Cheryl Smith
- Christianity 101 by Gilbert Bilezikian
- Escaping the Matrix by Greg Boyd
- The Dark Inside by Rod Reynolds
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson